According to the National Domestic Violence Hotline, 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men
have been victims of domestic violence. All victims deserve support and advocacy.
YOU can join us in helping victims of domestic violence throughout Minnesota.
WoMen’s Rural Advocacy Program (WRAP), serves all those affected by domestic violence in
Lincoln, Lyon, Redwood, and Yellow Medicine Counties. It is time that our communities join together
to help people that have been victimized. It is happening everywhere and there are resources
Anyone may be a victim of abuse at some point in their life. Battering cuts across all economic levels,
educational backgrounds, ethnicities, and who is married, separated, living with or involved in a
relationship with a male or female partner. Victims can be any age; they can be doctors,
homemakers, students, secretaries, factory workers, or anyone else.
Please join us on Thursday, November 14, 2019 for Give to the Max Day and help WRAP secure
safe, affordable, and adequate housing while promoting empowerment and self-sufficiency trough
advocacy and community collaboration to end the cycle of violence.
Your tax-deductible gift will mean so much as we help victims and their children:
- $25 : A gas card can be provided to victims and children, as they flee domestic violence. They
often need help with transportation expenses to get to a safe place or meet with a WRAP
- $50 : A gift card to a local store, for basic needs, is provided to victims and their children.
When people flee domestic violence they often leave everything behind. WRAP provides items
such as diapers and wipes, toothpaste, laundry soap, clothing, etc.
- $100 : Safe shelter and food for 1 night can be provided. As people are fleeing, they often
need a safe place to stay until they can work with a WRAP advocate.
- $200 : Help a victim and their children, by supplying a deposit for utilities, as they restart their
lives in a new home.
- $450 : Provide a victim and their children four nights of safe housing, in a hotel as they flee
from violence. All food and personal care items are provided for the family during this time.
- $650 : One month’s worth of rent for the WRAP safe house, which is located throughout the
Lincoln, Lyon, Redwood, and Yellow Medicine Counties. A victim and their children are able to
stay up to 29 days at a secured house, as they work on progressing forward.